Monday, April 5, 2010

Sights of the City...Puerto Princessa, Palawan

My past four days last week has been a blast!

If you're looking for natural thrills, you should try Palawan. It's a beautiful island in the Philippines that is still rich in natural resources. They offer a lot of activities, some of which I've only tried for the first time during my stay there. I've been to Palawan before when I was younger, but I never had as much adventure as I did this time.

To name a few of the thrills we got, we rode a small boat not much bigger than a kayak - late at night through a mangrove lake that could go as deep as 40 feet to see fireflies, myriads of stars, and beautiful sparkling planktons. We also paddled through a dark and deep underground river filled with swallows and bats and got educated about cave formations. And of course, a trip to the island is not complete til you've swam with the fishes in this beach-rich archipelago. Luckily I only made acquaintances with fishes and not with the jelly type. :)

Here are a few photos I was able to take during our last day, since I wasn't able to take much during the first few very adventurous (to the point of being almost dangerous) days.
Good for Mother Nature, I found out that many of the island's sites are now protected from unwanted miners and fishers.
Taken at the Estrella Falls (estrella is Spanish for stars - it got it's name because the sky in the area is starry at night). It's my first time to try this slow shutter effect, I've seen it before in a photobook. Pretty cool huh?

Something you'd normally see in the countryside.

Of course, my trip won't be complete without a visit to the shops as well.

Lots' a beads!

Howdy cowboy!
I do hope everyone's had a great Holy Easter Week, whether you've spent it reflecting, traveling, or even partying.
Have a great week ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love reading your comments and feedbacks. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at themadjungle@ymail.com. Happy commenting!