Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Elle and Sedaris

I had no idea one could find a great book at a bargain in National Bookstore. Among the piles of over-commercialized self help books and teenage vampire novels, I found this Elle Style of the 1980's book, at 75% off. It was lost underneath the pile, practically almost on the floor, that I wouldn't have seen it if I were in a hurry. When I saw it, I almost gasped. I felt like it was waiting for me.
The 80's has contibuted so much to what we know is fashion today.  It was a decade of individualism and extremes, and this book filled with photos covered much of who were in the frontline of fashion design then, such as Azzedine Alaia, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Lacroix, and of course, Karl Lagerfeld.    

Aside from this Elle book, I also got a copy of David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice.  Amazing book. His humor got me literally rolling on the floor laughing. I finished the book in just one sitting.  I found out about him when he came here to do a book signing.  Check out his works if you've got time.

I'm off to work for now, til later, tata!

2 comments:

Hey! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love reading your comments and feedbacks. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at themadjungle@ymail.com. Happy commenting!