Thursday, June 17, 2010

Audrey Hepburn Madness

For no reason, I love the feeling of watching classic movies, movies in black & white... it makes me feel like Carrie Bradshaw watching Meet Me in St. Louis in SATC1.
This summer, I came accross a DVD with a collection of Audrey Hepburn's classic films, so I bought it and am now happily loving most of the movies in the collection.  Through watching these films, I feel like I'm gaining more and more knowledge on what was the fashion then, and it's so interesting.  I love her funny roles particularly in Breakfast at Tiffany's and in Roman Holiday.  If you read through some of her funny quotes (which I found on the net) I'm sure you'd want to watch the films too. :)
A funny quote from Roman Holiday:
Princess Ann (Hepburn): Is this the elevator?
Joe Bradley (Gregory Peck): This is my room!
Some funny quotes from Breakfast at Tiffany's:
Holly Golightly (Hepburn): What do you do anyway?
Paul "Fred" Varjak (Gregory Peppard): I'm a writer, I guess.
Holly Golightly: You guess? Don't you know?
Paul Varjak: Ok, positive statement. Ringing affirmative, I'm a writer. 
__
Holly Golightly: I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling...I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?
Paul Varjak: In a minute.
Holly Golightly: I guess it's pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?
Paul Varjak: Yeah.
__
Paul Varjak: (Reaches into his pocket at the Tiffan'y counter) We could have something engraved, couldn't we?
Tiffany's salesman: Yes, I suppose so, yes indeed...the only problem is you would more or less have to buy something first if only in order to have some object upon which to place the engraving...You see the difficulty...
Paul Varjak: Well, uh (holds up ring from Cracker Jack box)
Paul Varjak: We could have this engraved, couldn't we? I think it would be very smart.
Tiffany's salesman: (takes ring and examines it) This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany's?
Paul Varjak: No, actually it was purchased concurrent with, uh, well, actually, came inside of...well, a box of Cracker Jack.
Tiffany's salesman: I see... (continuing to look at ring)
Tiffany's salesman: Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?
Paul Varjak: Oh yes.
Tiffany's salesman: That's nice to know...It gives one a feeling of solidarity, almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing.
(I couldn't help but laugh at this last quote, lol)
(Quotes from IMDb)


Later tonight I'm planning to watch How to Steal a Million, I hope it's as good as the others that I've seen.
Tata!
- Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love reading your comments and feedbacks. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at themadjungle@ymail.com. Happy commenting!